Thursday, December 27, 2012

My Christmas Lickings

Happy Holidays!


Hopefully the holiday season has brought you joy, love and excitement?

Our Christmas has been so wonderful. Besides the many precious moments with family and friends, this is the first year a wild bird actually touched me, or should I say licked me?!?!


I've written about Homer, my Costa's hummer, and our special friendship but I never thought he'd warrant a whole new blog posting. It seems that the little bird thinks I'm a large tasty flower. He not only licked my hand once, he's done it twice, so far! 




A FaceBook friend commented that I should get a photo, so I took that as a challenge and got a video instead. The clip is quick...but so are hummers. You can't really see him on the back of my hand pushing his bill in between my fingers, but I didn't dare move. Hopefully you enjoy the capture half as much as I enjoyed the lick!

Happy New Year in 2013, I'm wishing you a year filled with the wonder of nature and may a bird lick your hand!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're having a good year! Absolutely loved this video. Haven't been able to really blog because we've been so busy doing our big January counts. It's actually nice just sitting down and reading again:) The birds have been sure hungry, haven't they?;) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete